Wednesday 15 February 2012

Protagonist Face Silhouettes


Noodling about with potential face outlines. They're pretty minimalist, so I wonder if they actually read as faces and not just wiggly lines? Feedbackregarding the actual read would be greatly appreciated. It's a simple, quick technique for getting ideas, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing one could show someone else.

At prsent my favourites are #5 and #6. The long face is something I want to use as it will help show the abject misery element of the character.

And he still doesn't have a name. For me names happen towards the end of the creation process once I actually know the character, unless something jumps up and bites me in the nose, so I'm not too worried about that.

1 comment:

  1. 5 - he's got to be a bit handsome, I think - you should look at the Andrew Loomis Head and Hands PDF on myUCA - full of classic male head's with that same sort of profile - go consult!

    ReplyDelete