And the creature is finished! I am now one third of the way through the final concepts, and I'm very happy with the final outcome.
Fixing up a few problems I had with the silhouette (giving the back even more slope in particular) and focusing the weight into the feet-knuckle-things on Phil's advice. Also finally got the hind legs sorted, which I had neglected in favour of the forelegs, and figured the creature's back view out as well. After getting several opinions in favour of the hairiness I decided to go with it, and I sorted the face's front view (which had also been neglected).
Also, after I finished I noticed just how much from the front its face looks like a Turian from Mass Effect. Oops.